Are you a podcast fan?
I must admit that for a long while I couldn’t see the point of podcasts but when I started to work from home I soon realised it would be easy to become very sedentary so I started to make the effort to have a daily walk. And that’s when the podcast listening started.
I started with business podcasts so I could pretend I was working while I walked and then moved on to creativity and photography podcasts. And as I discovered more interesting podcasts my walking time didn’t give me enough listening time so now I listen in the bath too!
One of my favourite walking & listening locations...
Below I’m sharing my favourite photography podcasts, the first three are all UK based and not in any particular order. It’s worth pointing out that none of them are about photography gear, there are plenty gear based shows but they don’t really interest me.
- The Togcast – this one is a landscape photography podcast and although I don’t often shoot landscapes I always enjoy the conversations and have discovered some really inspiring photographers through listening.
- The Fuji Cast – this weekly podcast is presented by Kevin Mullins and Neale James and is not just for Fuji shooters. It’s very conversational and often has guest photographers, there’s also a great community around this podcast and each episode has time for answering listener’s questions.
- A Small Voice – this is a fortnightly podcast with in depth conversations with photographers shooting various genres. It’s been going for quite some time now so lots to catch up on for podcast bingers.
- Process Driven – this one is hosted by Jeffery Saddoris, there only seems to be a new episode once every few months but I always enjoy the thoughtful conversations.
- The Candid Frame – there are almost 500 episodes of the Candid Frame available. I only discovered it a few months ago so I have lots still to listen to but I’ve really enjoyed the conversations I’ve heard so far.
When I’m looking for something other than photography my next go to podcasts are Hashtag Authentic and Conversations of Inspiration, both UK based and talking about creativity and business.
Are you a podcast listener too? Why not share your favourites in the comments, I’m always looking for new and inspiring listens.